Winter weather is on its way! In just a few months, you’ll be looking out over snow covered streets and wondering how much ice accumulated overnight. One thing you WON’T have to worry about is how to keep your business’s parking lots and sidewalks clear of dangerous snow and ice. Mr. B’s Lawn Care is also a full service, professional snow removal company. There are lots of reasons to contract out your snow removal needs for 2017-2018, including:
- You’re too busy running your business to find someone to shovel and plow after every snow storm.
- Hiring someone without insurance or the right equipment is a disaster waiting to happen and could cost you big bucks.
- Buying and maintaining your own trucks, plows and salt spreaders is expensive, and you have to pay for them even if there isn’t any snow or ice.
- You can’t rely on your best buddy from Junior High to be on time. Sure, he’s fun on the weekends, but reliable? Not so much.
- Your customers are your most important commodity, so you want to make sure they can visit you no matter what the weather is like.
- Mr. B’s has been plowing, treating and shoveling parking lots, driveways and sidewalks since 1991.
- We have the experience needed to do the job right. We won’t drive over the curbs or pile the snow so high that it creates a visibility problem.
- Mr. B’s monitors the weather constantly, so we’ll know that we need to be out plowing and applying ice melt hours before you even roll out of bed for that morning shower.
- We use Ice B’Gone Magic Liquid Ice Melt to protect your driveways, parking lots and sidewalks from rock salt damage.
- We use Ice B’Gone Magic Liquid Ice Melt because we love animals. It won’t irritate their feet or cause cracking of their pads; and it’s non-toxic, so pets won’t get sick if they ingest it.
- Your business is our priority. When we have a contract with you for snow removal and ice melt application, our trucks are out well before dawn to ensure that your business will be able to open safely and on time.
- Our pricing is fair and reasonable. Don’t depend on higher priced, national chains; they charge a premium and aren’t as familiar with the area as Mr. B and his professional snow plow team.
DO YOU NEED PROFESSIONAL SNOW REMOVAL FOR YOUR BUSINESS?
CALL MR. B’s AT 724-752-5551 TO GET A FREE, NO OBLIGATION QUOTE!
There are several things you can do to your lawn now that will yield impressive results when warm weather returns.
The nights are getting cooler and you’re probably already thinking about school football games, Halloween and raking leaves. Before you start raking, however, give your lawn some attention. If you take some time now, your lawn will look great when spring rolls around.
There are several things you can do to your lawn now that will yield impressive results when warm weather returns. The best part? Each of these is a “one off” that you won’t have to repeat until the same time next year:
- If you have your mower set for anything under 2”, adjust it up to this height so that the grass has a chance to set some deep roots before winter.
- If you’re having a dry spell in your area, water your lawn weekly in the morning, when less evaporation will take place. Water thoroughly so that it soaks the ground at least a few inches deep.
- If you have any thinning or bare spots on your lawn, now is the time to over-seed those patches so that the grass will have the chance to establish some roots before spring.
- Apply an herbicide or weed killer to perennial weeds. At this time of year, the weeds will send the herbicide to its root system. Applying it while the grass is damp will yield more effective results.
- Fertilize your lawn. Even if you get a frost soon and lose this year’s green lawn, the fertilizer will go to the roots for improved growth in the spring.
- Dethatch your yard or have someone dethatch it for you. Too much thatch can mean your grass won’t get enough moisture or oxygen when spring comes around.
- Aerating the soil will allow roots to get plenty of oxygen and help water penetrate deep into the soil. Aeration reduces thatch, loosens the soil so that grass can root more easily and improves soil drainage so that standing water won’t be a problem.
After you’ve done all of the above, sit back and sip on a pumpkin spice latté, knowing that next year your yard will look fabulous.
Business owners – if you don’t have the time or the inclination to take care of your company’s lawn, hire the professionals at Mr. B’s Lawn Service. They can do everything needed to keep your business’ lawn looking great. If you’ll have lots of leaves falling in the next few weeks, we’ll take care of raking, trimming etc. so that your property will make a great first impression no matter what season it is!
For a FREE Commercial Lawn Care quote, call Mr. B’s Lawn Service at 724-752-5551!
Landlords face a multitude of problems when they manage or lease out apartments or houses, but most agree that there are three major problems they have in common. If they can surmount these issues, they will be on the road to stress-free rental management.
Tenants Who Are Behind on the Rent
Every landlord has that one tenant who can’t seem to pay their rent on time. They always have a story about why they can’t pay on time or they simply avoid their landlord. If this is a recurring theme with your tenants, it’s time to take action. You can try several different techniques depending on the reliability of the tenants:
- Offer a payment plan that works for your tenants. Maybe your tenants get paid bi-weekly or weekly. If so, consider letting them pay you on their pay days. While this means collecting rent more often, it also gives tenants the chance to pay when they are flush with funds.
- Offer tenants who pay on time a discount on their rent payments.
- Offer tenants a discount if they will set up an automatic payment on their bank account. The automatic payments will also mean you won’t have to chase your tenants down each month for a rent payment.
- Charging a late fee of 5% or a flat late fee can motivate renters to pay on time. You need to clearly outline what the late fees are in each tenant’s lease for this to be legal.
Damage Caused by Tenants
You always risk damage to your property when a tenant moves out. Whether they were simply slobs or they damaged your property out of spite or anger, you can use the deposit money you received when they signed the lease to pay for repairs. Always make a visit to the property before your tenants leave and do a walk-through, taking photos of any damage so that you have evidence if they dispute the damage or demand the return of their deposit.
If the damage is so excessive that the deposit money won’t cover the repairs, you can file a civil complaint against them. If you win in court, a Judgment will be filed in your favor. You will have to track down your former tenants, however, and try to get them to pay. In many cases this can be time consuming and tedious. Your best bet at this point is often to turn over the Judgment to a company that specializes in judgment recovery services. They have the resources to track down the debtors, discover any assets they have and get them to pay. A judgment recovery firm such as ABR Judgment Recovery can also make arrangements for a Sheriff’s Sale of your tenant’s assets to recoup your losses.
The Cost of Evicting Tenants
Finally, having to evict tenants is a costly and complex process. This is generally a last resort for landlords for good reason. If you have tenants who are behind on their rent, an eviction can force them to move out so that you can find paying tenants. To get an eviction started, landlords must file the appropriate legal paperwork and pay the court fees. You’ll also have to pay someone to serve the paperwork on the current tenants. Add in the cost of changing the locks, repainting, cleaning carpets, etc. to prepare the property for new tenants and you’ll see why landlords hate to evict someone.
In most cases, you’ll also have to file a Judgment against them for any back rent owed. Once again, a judgment recovery professional can track down former tenants and ensure that they pay what is owed to you. These specialists are adept at tracking down debtors and discovering bank accounts, automobiles and other assets that can be sold or taken to cover the money owed to you as a landlord. By contacting ABR Judgment Recovery, you’ll minimize the time, money and energy you have to spend and maximize your chances of getting what your former tenants owe you.
You’ve just won a Judgment against a former tenant – Congratulations! But did you know that there’s still a LOT of work to be done before you ever see any of the money you’re owed? Yep! In fact, many landlords NEVER get the money because it’s so hard to track down the people who owe the money and even harder to force them to pay up! Why? There are six reasons why it’s so tough to get paid after a Judgment is filed:
- There are sixty-seven different counties in Pennsylvania. If you have a Judgment against someone in Pennsylvania, you will have to file the Judgment in every county in order to make sure that a lien is placed against former tenants’ properties. Does the tenant own property in other states as well? Plan on having to file in multiple counties in those states as well. That’s LOTS of papework and research!
- You have to renew each Judgment every five years or else they lapse. Just like the original Judgments, a Revival of Judgment will need to be filed in every county were the former tenant might have property in order to collect on the lien. Will you remember to do this every five years? In every county?
- Did you know that not all Judgments are the same? Some Magistrate Court judgments won’t show up on credit reports, so they won’t serve as liens against property.
- Even after a Judgment is filed, there is additional paperwork – including a Writ of Execution – that will have to be created and filed before a sheriff can act on your behalf to collect the debt by seizing property or freezing a bank account. No Writ, no help from the Sheriff, even though you’ve already won the Judgment!
- When assets such as property or automobiles are seized to pay debts, you’ll lose a portion of the proceeds in order to pay the sheriff for his service. You could lose literally thousands of dollars of the original Judgment in fees and services.
- If there is a sheriff’s sale of land or property, expect to pay the sheriff’s office even more in court costs. These vary from county to county, so you’ll have to research the costs for the appropriate counties and be prepared to pay those fees before you claim the proceeds of the sale or take possession of the property. This can run into thousands of dollars out-of-pocket, meaning you won’t get anywhere near recouping your losses.
Whew! It all sounds pretty complicated, doesn’t it? Rather than waste days or even weeks of your time trying to track down a former tenant, research what they own, then try to collect on the Judgment yourself, why not contact ABR Judgment Recovery, LLC and let US do all the legwork?!
The fact is, over 75% of court Judgments are never recovered because collecting the Judgment is the responsibility of the landlord! You don’t have time to research and file the paperwork, do the legwork and make sure a lien is in place – but ABR Judgment Recovery DOES have the time AND the expertise!
Let us recovery the money that is legally owed to you – it’s what we specialize in, and we have the experience and skills to do it properly every time!
Tired of waiting for the money former tenants owe you?
Call ABR Judgment Recovery today!
One of the best times to have yard sales is over a long, holiday weekend. It sounds surprising, until you think about where people will be going over the 4th of July weekend in the U.S. Many people will be traveling back to their hometowns to visit family, others will be taking advantage of a beautiful weekend to go somewhere fun where they can relax and take part in a variety of activities, then settle in for a great fireworks display. Both of these groups offer an instant, new audience for your yard sale.
This weekend, the Ellwood City Area Arts, Crafts, Food & Entertainment Festival will give yard sales an added boost because of increased foot traffic all weekend long. If you live near any road leading into Ellwood City or near Ewing Park, hundreds of people will be walking by your home throughout the day. Why not take advantage of these visitors, already primed to shop, and host a multi-family yard sale?
MAKE YOUR YARD SALE ENTICING
There are several things you can do to make a spur-of-the-moment yard sale successful this weekend:
- Put up plenty of signs with arrows pointing the way to your yard sale
- Make some larger signs that highlight the most attractive items you’re offering. These include collectibles, furniture, tools, local memorabilia, anything patriotic, baby gear and bikes.
- Ask your friends and neighbors to participate; the larger the sale, the more attractive it will be to potential shoppers
- Don’t forget to put your address on some or all of your signs (for those who rely on GPS for finding their way everywhere)
- Display similar articles together. People looking for tools don’t want to have to pick through books, bikes and ballgowns to find the power tools saws. Instead, group all tools together, have an area that’s clearly defined for baby and children’s items, etc.
- Don’t waste too much time schlepping participants’ items back and forth in your car. An EZ Move rental truck can help you move larger items (furniture, baby gear, area rugs, power tools, bikes, etc.) without having to make multiple trips.
- Let the kids set up a lemonade stand or sell crafts they’ve made.
- On Sunday, when everyone is heading out of the park at the close of the Festival, mark everything half price for quick, last chance sales.
Call 724-752-1310 to reserve a truck today (there’s a mileage discount Sunday thru Thursday!) and make some money from Ellwood City’s many Festival visitors this weekend!
Why is collecting on a judgment so difficult?
- Over 75% of all court judgments are never recovered
- Many debtors hide their assets
- Collecting on a judgment is your responsibility, not the court’s
- The high cost of investigating, discovering and obtaining assets often costs as much or more than the judgment itself
- Seizure of assets may leave you with personal property you don’t need or want
- It wastes your time and money
ABR Judgment Recovery –
We succeed where others haven’t!
It would be so nice if being awarded a judgment was the end of the process. You could simply mail your former tenant a copy of the Judgment and he would immediately pay up. But it won’t happen that way. In fact, most of the time the person who owes you money will simply toss the judgment in the trash can without responding or making any effort to pay you what they owe you.
That’s where ABR Judgment Recovery comes in…
we use a unique combination of skills and experience to collect judgments for our clients.
How do we do it?
- We use our own licensed, private detectives to pursue leads where others can’t go
- We have access to over 840,000 local court documents
- We have access to over 330 million Federal documents and data
- We have experience in multiple counties working with local authorities, sheriffs, attorneys and court employees
- We are familiar with processes such as wage garnishments, sheriffs’ sales and local court requirements
- Company President Dave Gulish has been a private detective for twelve years
- Company Vice-President Brian Bush has experience as a real estate investor as well as his certification as a licensed private detective
We’ll unlock the judgment recovery funds that
are rightfully yours!