Your business’s outward appearance can make an instant impression on clients and customers. If you’re properly maintaining the grounds and keeping the plant life thriving you can make an excellent first impression, but this can be time-consuming and expensive. Outsourcing the grounds keeping to a professional lawn service may be the ideal solution, particularly if you need year round grounds work such as mowing in the summer and snow shoveling in the winter. There are six great reasons your company should outsource your lawn care that can save you time and money:
1. No Need to Tie Up Capital – The cost of purchasing, fueling and maintaining lawn tractors, edgers, a snow plow and other equipment can be significant. Add wages and benefits for a grounds crew and you’ll be tying up a significant amount of money.
2. It May Be Tax Deductible – Because maintaining your property is a business expense, the cost of hiring a professional lawn care service is tax deductible in most cases. You’ll love the deduction when tax time rolls around. Be sure to ask your tax consultant how much you can deduct.
3. No Training Necessary – Properly training your grounds crew and keeping them up to date on the latest innovations in everything from weed control to irrigation can be expensive. You also won’t have to worry about providing safety gear or the appropriate clothing to your grounds keepers.
4. No Workers’ Compensation Concerns – A worker’s compensation claim can put your company in a bind if someone on your grounds crew is seriously injured on the job. There is a relatively high rate of workers’ compensation claims filed by grounds keepers because they do heavy lifting and repetitive tasks.
5. Compliance Issues – Lawn care is expensive in part because you have to keep up to date on current compliance issues. Your company will need to know what the current regulations are on proper use of fertilizers, weed killers and more so that you are in compliance with federal and state laws regarding potentially hazardous chemicals.
6. Lower Cost of Supplies – The cost of fertilizers, weed control products and other products needed to maintain an attractive lawn can be cost prohibitive. Professional lawn services, however, buy these products in bulk at reduced prices and they will pass some of that savings on to you.
In addition to the six great reasons outlined above, your company will also appreciate not having to deal with the many problems that can arise if you’re doing your own grounds keeping. No need to make sure your employees are mowing the grass regularly, no need to call someone in the middle of the night to get a snow plow out to clear your parking lot after a heavy snowfall. Simplifying your lawn care has never been easier – just contact Mr. B’s Lawn Service or Penn Turf to schedule a time for a free estimate. We’ll do the hard work for you!
Mr. B’s Lawn Care is a full service company providing year round grounds maintenance, landscaping and snow removal. Call Mr. B’s at 724-752-5551 to schedule an appointment for a free, no obligation quote.